Sunday 6 January 2013

Posted by Unknown on 00:06 in , | 1 comment

So, let the Halo 4, Assassin's creed 3, Fry Cry 3, Black Ops 2 be the talk of the town! We don't bother. Let these kids of today boast about their machines with I7 or higher processors, 4 GB RAMS, 1 GB dedicated graphic cards and other powerhouse hardware! ( Even I have one with similar credits!!)
           
The thing is... have you played on a machine with P3, 1 GHz, 128 MB Ram (U read it right!) and 40 GB HDD?  Now days you may call it lame but those days those were our powerhouses! And graphic cards were something from far galaxies. No..it is not about the Nostalgia! Neither I am getting nostalgic nor I am feeling old! But yes I miss those days when I started gaming on our powerhouses.

         
Those were the days..when you had to really beg, borrow or steal the games' CDs from your friends and foes! And you really cannot compare that excitement of installing, cracking, and running the game for the first time. The successful run of the game was the God's blessing and the error message of memory falling short was like the wrath of the gaming devil.
Still we managed to run a number of REALLY GOOD GAMES! Some friend suggested, Bro upgrade your DirectX and there you go! And when updating the DirectX actually worked...I still cannot explain in words..the feeling....

Nowadays, machines are getting powerful, affordable and accessible to even much younger kids...but games are becoming more and more tecno oriented and violent! I somehow feel that they are losing the story lines  the innocence in violence, the charm and the addiction. 

         
Spending whole nights for weeks...to complete the Age of Empires missions without cheat codes!... Commandos missions.. Delta Force franchise..roaming late nights on New York Streets with some really trigger happy baddies with Max Payne, Escaping from Wolfenstein and fighting with Nazis and zombies in RTCW and yes hopping around with Mario Brothers also!! That fun is missing now.. (No I am not getting old! And today also I play these games and enjoy the same excitement)..playing virtual dollhouse in The Sims!..even the Sims are also losing their innocence and getting what they call more and more Lifelike! I don't like it! 

But, I must admit..those were the days! I really had a memorable time with these and so many smilar games....I still remember Ghost Recon, Hidden n Dangerous, Warcraft-3, Red Alert-2, Simcity 3000, Simcity-4 and so on....
            
For today's kids- You really missed these things!!

1 comment:

  1. Lol! I still remember the days when we used to play Age of Empires for hours! You must dedicate a separate article for Age of Empires franchise. Otherwise, it won't be fair! :D

    And how about the era even before it. Contra, Mario and so on.....

    ReplyDelete

Search Our Site